The fifth meetup for esperanto-speakers in central Canada (MeKaRo
) was held in Montreal, May 19th to the 21rst, 2007. The theme of this year was History.
Saturday, May 19th
- 14:00 : Gathering in front of the tourist information center (corner of Place Jacques-Cartier and rue Notre-Dame). Walkaround in old Montreal (with esperanto-speaking guides);
- 15:00 : Visit to the House of Sir George-Étienne-Cartier, 458 Street Notre-Dame East (price per person : about 6$) ;
- 18:00 : Dining at restaurant 'Hong Kong', in Chinatown (1023 Saint-Laurent, corner of De la gauchetière, price between 8$ and 12$)
Sunday, May 20th
- 10:00 : Visit of the 'Centre d'histoire de Montreal', 335 place d'Youville, old Montreal, price per person 2.50$, close to Metro Place-d'Armes
- 12:00 : Lunchtime;
- 14:30 : Short conferences at UQÀM, in room DS-1520 (320, Ste-Catherine Street East);
- 17:30 : Diner at Commensal; (1720 St Denis)
- 19:00 : movies at NFB (1564 Saint-Denis) (silent movies, etc; 25 seats)
Monday, May 21st
- 09:00 : Gathering at the Mont-Royal metro station. We take bus 11 west to get to Lac des Castors.
- 10:00 : We discover the Mont-Royal and visit of the Smith House.
- 12:00 : Organized picnic (cost: 6$, let us know you're coming, we'll prepare the food!);
- 14:00 : End
Pictures of last year's MeKaRo in Ottawa can be found here